FM5 manufacturing solutions

TDB

This topic is 5001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We are running a legacy system using FM5. I am looking to add-on Manufacturing Solutions components including shop Scheduling, Routings, Bill of Materials, Quality, etc. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The first thing I would think of doing doing here is to bring the existing up to the current family of FileMaker, even if it is just a multi file, one table per file solution. This would make any further work much easier.

Alternately, make a determination as to whether you should convert or rebuild what you have and act accordingly.

I sounds as if you are going to get into some fairly sophisticated things to accomplish what you want. You would be well off to have the best tools available at your disposal.

I have no idea of the size of your company, but just the data capabilty jump up to 8 terebytes on a large system makes upgrading first or rebuilding very attractive.

Some thoughts on a Wednesday morning.

Hi TDB, and welcome to the Forum,

I think it will be difficult to find an off the shelf solution. I did a quick search yesterday and couldn't find one, but held off replying in case someone else knew of one. FileMaker Pro 5 is now 11 years old, and those older solutions have been migrated into a newer version of FileMaker.

I agree with David McQueen. This might be the time to upgrade your FileMaker application. If you decide to do this, be sure to pay the extra money and get the [color:blue]Advance Edition.

I see your choices as;

Continue to search for a solution for version 5.

Find an Off the Shelf solution built in the current version of FileMaker (upgrade to 11)

Hire a professional to build your solution for you and Upgrade to 11

or

If you have the skills, or the time to devote to learning FileMaker, you could

Create your own solution in version 5

or

Upgrade to FileMaker Pro 11 Advance and develop your own solution

Good Luck with your quest.

Lee

This topic is 5001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.