Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Available files not found under Windows 7

This topic is 4924 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Recently upgraded two laptop users from Vista to Windows 7. Re-installed FilemakerPro 9. Now both laptop users report they cannot access served files from Fm Server 9.

When they Open Remote, they can see the Server in the Host window, but none of the served files show up in the available files window. No other users report anything unusual. Never had anything like this before the upgrade and re-installation of FMPro client. Can anyone suggest what might be going on.

• Newbies

I've had the same problem with several clients in the past 6 months or so, it's been specific to FMP9 running on windows 7. It sees the host, but can't see or connect to any files. The thing is, we don't use SSL. I don't think that could be a factor, unless the server still uses the certificate for the handshake, then just doesn't encrypt the actual data flow. Theres no firewall running between the machines, they're on the same subnet, and other clients on the subnet can access the files.

• Newbies

We just replaced our network with a Windows SBS2008 server and all Windows 7 (32bit) workstations. I only have one workstation that is exhibiting this exact behavior. The strange thing is that it was working until this morning, the only common thing I could find was that the person had been out of the office for awhile and had not updated to v9.0.3 like everyone else. I have installed the update along with the SSL update and it still won't work. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success. I can see the host, but none of the files hosted on it. The other workstations are working just fine.

FMP 9.0 is not certified for Windows 7. IIRC there are issues.

Try copying the server.perm file (or whatever it's called) from the good machine to the one that isn't working.

• Newbies

We have been on win 7 for almost a year now with no problems. I just tried to install FMP 9 on a new machine, and have the same problem as you. I haven't updated the FM program, so I think it must have been a MS update within the past couple of weeks.

It's not a MS update issue. The pem file in FM9 gets corrupted from time to time, just copy it over from a machine where everything is working file and you'll be ok.

Do know that FM9 is NOT certified with Windows 7 so there is a chance that things will break going forward.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I copied a working Server.pem file to the affected laptop, but no go. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the server.pem I copied was from FmPro9Advanced, the affected laptop uses FmPro9. When I copied a Server.pem file for FmPro9 to the affected laptop IT WORKED! If you have this problem be careful, the files are product specific. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I just ran into this issue on Windows 7 with FMP 9v3.

The trick is that you *must* install the SSL updater from the command line using a command prompt that's been opened "Run As Administrator". See the documentation on the FM website (which is for Vista, but the same technique appears to work in Win7)

This topic is 4924 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.