Connection Problem

This topic is 4989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok I know that there has been a lot of people with connection problems but this is beyond me. I was able to set up IWP using my home computer as the host and can connect from anywhere. Here at work though I can't get it to work.

Here's the setup at work:

Cayman dsl router acting as a bridge. Linksys router acting as WIFI. I configured port forwarding on the Linksys for port 591 to my work computer which is set up with static ip address 192.168.1.118. FMP is running on my work computer with IWP enabled. I also manually opened port 591 in windows firewall.

With everything set up when I go to another computer and type in 192.168.1.118:591 it says the page is unavailable (unless I'm on my computer and then it works fine).

The weird thing is that FMP IWP says to use URL 5.88.253.199:591. Why would it give me that? I tried that address on another computer on the network and it doesn't work.

Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help!

Update: I also went to another computer and pinged IP 192.168.1.118 and it does fine. I can also telnet into 192.168.1.118 591 and it also works fine so I know the other computers can access the IP and port.

Update 2: I figured out why FMP IWP was giving the weird URL address. It was from Hamachi even though I had it turned off. I disabled it in network connections and now FMP is giving me the correct URL (192.168.1.118:591)

I still can't connect from other computers in the network though...

Edited by Guest
more information

Finally! So this is like the 3rd time that I've posted a question and then figure it out a few hours later. After working on this for weeks I should have just posted it right away so I didn't have to waste so much time!

Here's what the problem was. INTERNET EXPLORER SUCKS. It probably just has to be updated but all the old computers here haven't updated internet explorer in years and it was blocking IWP. I installed a copy of google chrome and it worked right away.

How I hate microsoft!

This topic is 4989 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.