Scribe Plug-in Slowness

This topic is 4939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using the 360 Works Scribe plug-in for the first time. Right now I'm still in the investigation phase trying to see how well it will retreive data from a cell in the middle of a specific Excel worksheet. BTW, I'm on Windows 7 & FMPA 11.0v2

I can get it to return the contents of a cell but it takes nearly 10 seconds. Seems excessive but since this is my first time with the Scribe plug-in maybe that is normal.

The documentation doesn't offer any advice on how to construct the proper syntax for file paths. I'm using c:test.xlsx but maybe it should be file://c:/test.xlsx. Both seem to work but maybe one is more efficient than the other.

Any advice or opinions?

A bit more information: This morning the same action took, oh I would guess 25 to 30 seconds to complete the first time I ran it. Subsequent times it dropped back to the 7 to 10 second range.

That does seem to be a long time for this to load. Is your computer heavily taxed running other processes? Could you post your plugin log after you next call the function?

Your file path is fine.

Windows

DriveLetter:Documents and SettingsMy Documents360Plugin Logs

DriveLetter:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocuments360Works FM Pro

DriveLetter:Documents and SettingsAll UsersDocuments360Works FM WPE

Vista: DriveLetter:UsersDocuments360Plugin Logs

Your log only shows the plugin launching, unfortunately. Log files are cleared when you open filemaker. Can you launch filemaker, run a function which is performing slowly or failing, and then post your log? You can also use the "report a bug" button in the filemaker -> Preferences -> Plugins tab -> Scribe -> Configure menu.

• 1 month later...

There seems to be an issue with the particular type of text format that Amyuni PDF Creator, the program they are making these documents with, is using. This is not an easy fix, unfortunately, but if it is something that you need right away we may be able to do it for you as a custom development project. Send me an email if you are interested and I will have someone get you an estimate for the work.

This topic is 4939 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.