Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error message

Bikeman17

This topic is 4961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I set my application to run over a 2-machine network. For the first 6 month, everything was fine but I had to reinstall XP due to others issues.

Before clearing my HD, I deactivated FM Pro 9 on the server only. Then I reinstalled XP and reactivation went through successfully. I reinstalled my application but at launching FM Pro keeps coming with this message: FileMaker cannot share the files because another user already shares them with FileMaker Pro on this machine. I triple checked the sharing settings and they are OK. Initially my application was running smoothly on the network. Under Privilege Sets, Access via FileMaker Network (fmapp) is on, Network Sharing is on and Network access file is set to All Users. I changed the settings under the Fire Wall to allow FM Pro networking. So I am a bit lost. There must be something I overlooked.

Any tips to solve this issue is welcome

its a fat bug

same thing for me... after years of using fm9 and XPno body knows anything.

I suspect something to do with oe Bill Gates auto updating my OS

i even took my computer into a shop for a second opionion of my set up and any share issues..

I still have compiled runtimes hoping my customers don't have issues

ver 8.5 works and my FM11 ver with same code

and on my vista no problems..

your problem should give the same result should running 1 station client NO server

Look aroundl... re other share links... they point to a url link that didn't work for me... and aftr spending countless hours i am burnt out

let me know [email protected]

This topic is 4961 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.