MySQL Data on FileMaker Layout Problem

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

In looking through the forum, I cannot find the exact answer for my question.

My client has a FileMaker database on an internal server in their office. This database is part of their main FileMaker system that they use to run most of their operations.

This database is connected to an external MySQL database that resides on an external server, namely their website server.

The connection between the two was easy to set up. But, I am experiencing an issue that I need to resolve.

I've added a layout to show the data from one of the MySQL tables in the FileMaker database. Fields from the external MySQL data source is the only thing being shown on the layout. As I scroll through the data, though, after only a few records, FileMaker shows a Querying... dialog with a progress bar. The progress bar nicely counts down from what appears to be a random number down to zero....and beyond!! The countdown goes into the negative numbers.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem to stop! Leaving it there for an hour resulted in me having to cancel the operation.

When I cancel the operation, I get to continue scrolling and see some more data. But, continuing to scroll through the data, the same dialog pops up with the same progress bar.

Also, when performing a Find in FileMaker, only the data that seems to have been loaded during one of those odd "queries" is searched and found.

The goal here is to have FileMaker interact with the web database to update records on their website's MySQL database from within FileMaker.

In case it is important, they're running FileMaker Server 10 Advanced on an Xserve running the latest OS X Server 10.5. I am not certain what the web server is running because it is located at a different place.

Any ideas what is going on or what to look for or do about this?

Let me know. It is urgent. Thanks! :

This topic is 4972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.