Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Basic IWP question

This topic is 4893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I am trying to use IWP with a DB for the first time. I have a decent amount of experience with Filemaker Pro, zero experience with IWP, so I'm going to describe this in extreme detail. Using FMP9.0v3.

I have a database I want to publish online, logged in with admin privileges to a computer on a LAN. When I open FMP (before I even open an individual database) I get error message "Filemaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using Filemkaer Pro on this computer". I click that away, open the file I want to share and it opens without problems.

When I go to File-> Sharing -> Filemaker Network and turn network sharing on then press OK, I get the same error message and have to click cancel to get out of it. If I then go back to File-> Sharing-> Filemkaer Network the network sharing option has been set to on. I can then go to File-> Sharing-> Instant web publishing and turn on Instant Web Publishing, no errors come up. If I go to the URL of my IP address, I can see the IWP homepage, but it says "No databases found." The box to "dont display in IWP homepage" is not checked, so that is not my problem. Also, if I create a simple HTML page and save in the Web folder of FMP9 as iwp_home.html, it does not appear when I reload the webpage in my web browser. I keep getting the default IWP homepage.

I know I am doing or not doing something extremely small and irrelevant, but it is completely preventing me from publishing online and I am losing my mind.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I'm brand new to FM Forums, with experience about the same as ecglover8. I have the same IWP problem (file already being shared, etc.). Though I recently upgraded to Windows 7, I had been having similar (though intermittent) problems while using Vista.

His posting is > a month old, yet I see no replies. Perhaps he could contact me privately and share whatever may have been learned since his October posting.

/s/ Al [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Have you enabled at least one privilege set for IWP (Access via Instant Web Publishing)? See image:

Screen shot 2010-12-17 at 12.58.08 PM.png

I am trying to use IWP with a DB for the first time. I have a decent amount of experience with Filemaker Pro, zero experience with IWP, so I'm going to describe this in extreme detail. Using FMP9.0v3.

I have a database I want to publish online, logged in with admin privileges to a computer on a LAN. When I open FMP (before I even open an individual database) I get error message "Filemaker cannot share files because another user is already sharing files using Filemkaer Pro on this computer". I click that away, open the file I want to share and it opens without problems.

When I go to File-> Sharing -> Filemaker Network and turn network sharing on then press OK, I get the same error message and have to click cancel to get out of it. If I then go back to File-> Sharing-> Filemkaer Network the network sharing option has been set to on. I can then go to File-> Sharing-> Instant web publishing and turn on Instant Web Publishing, no errors come up. If I go to the URL of my IP address, I can see the IWP homepage, but it says "No databases found." The box to "dont display in IWP homepage" is not checked, so that is not my problem. Also, if I create a simple HTML page and save in the Web folder of FMP9 as iwp_home.html, it does not appear when I reload the webpage in my web browser. I keep getting the default IWP homepage.

I know I am doing or not doing something extremely small and irrelevant, but it is completely preventing me from publishing online and I am losing my mind.

This topic is 4893 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.