Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filtered Portal Issues

This topic is 4947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to filter a portal in IWP using a value list. I've provided a custom value list on the lay that lets the user choose friendly date ranges (Last 120, Last 90 days, etc.) to restrict a portal. I was using two calc'd fields in the layout table, one for the start date and one for the end date of the values. I then set up a filtered relationship in the ERD to restrict the relationship to only dates that fell within the date range specified by the user. This works great in FMP, of course, but for some reason in IWP it's not.

Thinking that perhaps it was an issue with IWP and calc'd fields, I added a button to the layout to set two date fields manually whenever a user clicked the button but it still doesn't work.

Is there some limitation that I'm not aware of with portals and complex relationships in IWP?

Strange. Thinking that it was the amount of related records causing an issue with load speed, I tried this with an account that had a lot fewer (~40 as opposed to 1500+ records) and when I logged using the second method with the button, the portal worked! I switched the relationship back to the auto-calc'd values and it stopped working, but when I went to switch it back to the refresh button the portal doesn't work and no amount of logging in and out and flushing cache is fixed it. WTF?

This topic is 4947 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.