Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ODBC & Server 11 Advanced

This topic is 4865 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well, I have tested ODBC & FileMaker 11. Did this back in the summer. Just now getting to put it in production.

Was able to view & edit SQL Server Data in a Version 11 Client, mounting the SQL Server Tables as FileMaker Tables. I installed the ODBC Driver on the Client Machine.

Server 11 Advanced has an option for enabling ODBC.

What I don't know is "the details". Nothing obvious & haven't seen any posts.

Does the Server option allow us to install the ODBC Driver on the Server, and have Clients use it? (Or do we still need to install drivers on the Clients?)

Will be testing this weekend. Just curious if anybody knew anything about the Server Side ODBC.

Yes, you can install the ODBC driver on the server and configure a single DNS on the FMS.

See http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/documentation/techbrief_intro_ess.pdf

esp., the top of page 6 and page 8.

btw., make note of the fact that Execute SQL and ODBC Import require a DSN on each client desktop (top of p. 26)

• 2 months later...

Yes, you can install the ODBC driver on the server and configure a single DNS on the FMS.

See http://www.filemaker.com/downloads/documentation/techbrief_intro_ess.pdf

esp., the top of page 6 and page 8.

btw., make note of the fact that Execute SQL and ODBC Import require a DSN on each client desktop (top of p. 26)

Hi,

Using FM11 Pro, having some problems with ESS with MySQL v5.5. I know its not officially supported by FM. I can fire an ESS by writing a statement but if I make a stored procedure with same statement and then call it by ESS, it wont work. Any guesses or is it because of MYSQL v5.5?

This topic is 4865 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.