Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Adding a Summary item to Graph

Corey-Troy

This topic is 4935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a list view set up with employee's direct/indirect (charged/not charged) hours, that is set up as:

Sub Summary Sorted by the Week ending date.

Each new week in the list then has listed underneath the employee's names, direct and indirect hours.

When i change the Chart to Current Record (Delimited data), i can click on each individual employee, and the Graph will only show that employee's hours graphed. This is good.

However, i am trying to also enable a graph populated by data from the entire week ending date(all employee's hours for that current week).

But the Week Ending date is not able to be clicked to graph the data, as it is in the Sub Summary section of the list.

If i place a copy of the week ending field into the body also, i get a field i can then click on to change the graph, but still get the same data graphed as if i click the employee's name only.

I am not sure how i can group the data to either display each individual employee(per record), and then if need be, graph the entire week's data(all employee records for selected week).

I tried creating a Summary field that added all employee hours, but it displayed the same figure across all weeks, and not just per week.

Hope i have explained this correctly.

How can i display the graph with the sub summary sorted values, and not just each record value?

If i change the graph to Current Found Set, i get multiple Graphs, one for each record in the found set.

If i do a find on the week ending date, i do get the required data, but still graphed in multiple graphs, one per employee record. Rather than one graph item displaying the total of each direct and indirect employee records for that week.

This topic is 4935 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.