Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime Creation problem (access permissions)

sbphoto01

This topic is 4927 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All, I am trying to create a runtime of my solution, within the file access permissions I just have a Guest account with full access which is set to auto open with the username & password.

All good so far..

When I tell filemaker to create the runtime a dialog box opens and says the file must have one atleast one account without full access... but it carries on to create a fully working standalone which opens as required.

Should I worry about the dialog box problem? does a solution need to have atleast one account without full access??

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Steve

The runtime is only the cut-down copy of FMP that gets included with the database file and is linked to it. The database file itself can be opened in a normal copy of FM Pro any time.

If the runtime only has a full access account then when it is opened in FMP it will be completely open: fields, scripts and everything can be copied.

Hi Steve,

This information is available in your User Manual, and Under the Help when FileMaker is open.

[color:blue] Binding files into a runtime solution (FileMaker Pro Advanced)

This link is FileMaker's Help at FileMaker web site and is the same as the Help I mentioned = Link

Lee

This topic is 4927 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.