Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Disable Keyboard Shotcut

Ron Cates

This topic is 4928 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In Photoshop there is a keyboard shortcut "Shft + Ctl + E" which merges all visible layers. In Filemaker as we discovered quite by accident, this same shortcut deletes the current record. Users in our office often work in Photoshop with the database open. Now when they use this shortcut and the focus is on Filemmaker rather than Photoshop, well you can see the problem. Is there a way to disable keyboard shortcuts in Filemaker, and how would I accomplish this?

Thanks

Ron

Hello again, Ron,

You need to use Custom Menus. Simply by loading the supplied Custom Menu Set 1 and editing the Records menu you can remove the keyboard shortcut for Delete Record. In fact, it might be a good idea to delete a bunch of commands. I usually get rid of Delete All and Find/Replace as well.

-Barbara

Hi Barbara. I have not yet made any attemt to use Custom Menus although it has been on my list. I am in the process of setting up our database for use by additional users in another department and I would feel much more comfortable with a customized set of menus for these new users anyway. So I guess it's time to start reading up on it and give it a try.

Thanks again for your valuable input :

Ron

This topic is 4928 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.