Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker Automation

This topic is 4898 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello All,

I am working on application that will connect with FileMaker and for this I want to Automate following tasks in FileMaker:

1) Create Database

2) Insert data in database tables.

I have idea of automation on MS Access on Windows but as application is being developed on Mac OS and I am new in Mac so I could not find anything about Filemaker Automation.

Plz help me out..........

As I am struck at initial point ..........

Waiting 4 soon reply

Thanks

Aarti

Edited by Guest
The Topic: <a href="http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/217765">FileMaker Automation</a> was moved from <a href="http://fmforums.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/38">Windows Automation</a> to <a href="http://fmforums.com/forum/showforum.php?fid/37">Ap

To me, this doesn't make sense. How can you automate the creation of a database? Why would you?

Importing data into an existing structure makes more sense. Please describe your situation in more detail.

If this is going to run on Mac, then you're in the wrong forum group, this is a Mac automation question then. Totally different beast.

You'll need to use AppleScripting.

Wondering too why you would create a new database? Do you mean a file or just tables in an existing file?

Note that FM also supports the creation and dropping of tables through ODBC and JDBC so that may be an option for you...

• Newbies

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.........

Actually I have to insert all data in our database to FileMaker database and I have done this

with MS Access on Windows in which using OLE Automation I am able to do anything that I can do manually i.e create database,Create tables and Insert data in it.

Sorry for posting it at wrong place ,I cold not find appropriate category for this post as my query is regarding Automation.

As you said using AppleScript can Ido any task that can be done manually in FileMaker.........

as FileMaker provides Activex Automation library on Windows and as I have no idea about Mac so was unable to get from where to start........

Please help me by providing some some reference regarding this.............

• Newbies

Hello,

I have read FileMaker provided API in PHP for Filemaker integration so is there API provided in other language for desktop application rather than Web publishing applications i.e in C++ .

As on Windows there is OLE Automation throug which we can use FileMaker library to automate it but no idea on Mac so very confused what to do on Mac........

Please help me...........

Thanks

Aarti

• Newbies

Hello,

I am still not able to accomplish the task of connection with FileMaker database on Mac.

I have installed ODBC driver for FielMAker on Mac but I want to create DSNless conncetion to FileMaker database programatically.

Can anybody help me on this...........as i have never done this on Mac..........

Waiting for soon reply...............

Thanks

Aarti Nagpal

This topic is 4898 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.