Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Customise IWP home page and logout behaviour

This topic is 4771 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I'm more of a CWP fan, but we also use IWP internally because of the raw speed of development and access. I have two questions which hopefully someone can answer?

1)Does anyone know how easy it is to customise the IWP homepage - would love to see some samples or a ahow to guide to see what is possible? I've got a particular design in mind, to match up with out corporate website but not sure whether its is feasible.

2)We've got several databases which are IWP enabled, I have one in particular called Resources which the users log in and out of. I've linked to this database externally, which is exactly what I want as user logs in and gets the data for this partiaular db. However when a user logs out, they go to the IWP home page which lists all the dbs which are IWP enabled. Is there a way to reatin the db they were in, so if they log in, they go back to the db and not the list of dbs available to them.

Many Thanks for taking the time out to respond.

Kind regards

Jalz

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Jalz,

It is very easy to customise the IWP home page.

In the FileMaker Web folder create a file called iwp_home.html (an example is in the FileMaker CD/installer). Alternatively make a copy from the IWP folder.

You can also customise the login page by editing iwp_auth.html in the IWP folder.

You should be able to add some JavaScript to iwp_home.html which traps the referrer URL and redirects to the Database Homepage.

As far as I can tell the db name is only in the URL if the user has logged in - so if a user clicks 'cancel' on the login page it won't redirect them back to the same db.

HTH

This topic is 4771 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.