Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Disabling: Replace Field Content for Portal fields

stefwef

This topic is 4887 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

My layouts include many portal fields, sometimes without a portal (ie showing field for first related record only).

Users like using "Replace Field Content" but of course when you use this on a portal field it replaces not just the first related record's field entry but ALL RELATED FIELDS IN ALL FOUND SET! Big big problem.

Is there any way to disable the "Replace Field Content" for only portal records? Users don't want to give it up as they are so used to how it works outside of portals.

Thanks.

I remove the Replace, Re-lookup and Delete All Record commands from all solutions. Users should not need to do these things in a well designed solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your answers. I feared as much. I don't have FMP Advanced so I am doomed on this one... The default FMP menus make NO SENSE - disallowing FIND but allowing replace /all? Anyway, I'll have to figure something out...

I moved your Thread because the Custom Menus feature is only available using the Advance Edition of FileMaker. Check out the Options that are available using "Accounts and Privileges" under File >> Manage

Lee

This topic is 4887 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.