Huge Space Showing For File Despite Of Blank All Records From File

Genelia

This topic is 4901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear All,

I ma facing very miscellaneous problem in my file.before installing this file onto client's FM server its size was as little as should be.but after installing it on server when i again download it from server and again use it for modifications in my file i saw its showing huge amount approx. 271.9 MB.however i tried lots of solutions to overcome this like delete all records,delete all relationships from relationship graphs still not sorted out this.

Please tell me the all the reasons who can increase your space in file specially that reason which drastically increases the space in your file like happens with my file.

Thanks...

Genelia :B

• Like 1

its size was as little as should be.

How did you determine what the file size "should" be?

but after installing it on server when i again download it from server and again use it for modifications in my file i saw its showing huge amount approx. 271.9 MB.however i tried lots of solutions to overcome this like delete all records,delete all relationships from relationship graphs still not sorted out this.

Delete the relationship graph? Not something you want to do, Genelia.

Please tell me the all the reasons who can increase your space in file specially that reason which drastically increases the space in your file like happens with my file.

First off, who cares about the file size? Why is this a worry for you?

Indexed fields, graphics/files stored in containers rather than referenced, graphics on layouts as "background" images...there are many causes of "file bloat."

How did you determine what the file size "should" be?

Delete the relationship graph? Not something you want to do, Genelia.

First off, who cares about the file size? Why is this a worry for you?

Indexed fields, graphics/files stored in containers rather than referenced, graphics on layouts as "background" images...there are many causes of "file bloat."

1.Before i installed my file onto Fm Server it size was about 26MB only.

2.When i again downloaded it from server to Desktop for some minor changes then i saw its size was approx. 271 MB.

3.So first to find out its huge size i tried lots of tricks like i deleted all records still it reduced hardly 2 MB data from file, also deleted layouts from file, also deleted relationships of tables from Relationship graph, meant to say i did all those things that i can think .

So i want to know its reasons. how it is possible ? file is same but when it goes to server and return back to desktop its size increases 26 MB to 271 MB its more than 10 times.

:B

Thanks,

This topic is 4901 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.