Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hiding Records Completely Without <No Access>?

bac mac

This topic is 4886 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I can use File-Manage-Security-Privilege Sets-Records-Custom privileges to limit Record access to the user logged in matching the requestor field, for example. I can also run a script to find only records so that the current user only sees records where they were the requestor.

However, each user can show all records, although records for other users display <No Access> in every field. Ideally, the records with no access would not even appear and the total number of records wouldn't appear either, although the number of records isn't that big a deal.

• It does seem messy having records appear with <No Access> in every field- is there a way to keep the prohibited records from appearing at all?

Thanks

I don't have Advanced, so I can't eliminate the show all records or show omitted.

Yes, you can: in the users' privilege set, set 'Available menu commands' to [Editing only] or [Minimum]. You will also have to provide scripted alternatives for all the things that they CAN do, and you will probably want to hide and lock the status area as well.

Keep in mind that this is largely cosmetics. If your users are permitted to show all records and they choose to do so, they will see a bunch of <no access> records. Ugly, but harmless.

That's looking like it will work very well. And just providing buttons for the few things that they should be doing will likely keep people from getting into trouble.

Thanks very much

This topic is 4886 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.