Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Cannot resize Body

Stickybeak

This topic is 4825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know it will be something obvious but I cant see what it is: In a couple of my databases I seem to have lost the ability to resize the body of the layout, but only in the last couple of days.

I have unlocked all the field in the layout to no avail.

suggestions?

Actually, the more I check the more widespread the problem is....

Edited by Stickybeak

I have unlocked all the field in the layout to no avail.

Are you talking about the fields being resized when you enlarge a view by pulling the cornor of the layout (or clicking on the green button to resize to fit), or are you talking shriking the data fields in the print layout?

Lee

Are you talking about the fields being resized when you enlarge a view by pulling the cornor of the layout (or clicking on the green button to resize to fit), or are you talking shriking the data fields in the print layout?

Lee

I am talking about the body part in layout mode

Try to do a Select All, while in layout mode.

May be that there are one or more objects that you do not see but are there and do not let you resize the body.

Tried that

So my first thought is still correct... there is something ( may be a line ) invisible ( but selectable ) into the layout.

Check again.

I've checked more than once

Also it is happening on layouts in different databases

Here you goexample.fp7.zip

The solution I found is to open inspector after clicking on the part label and to then enter the size you want - very odd as this only started happening a few days ago.

Thanks for the efforts..... interested to hear an explanation

The solution I found is to open inspector after clicking on the part label and to then enter the size you want - very odd as this only started happening a few days ago.

Thanks for the efforts..... interested to hear an explanation

To resize the parts in Layout Mode works for me using v11.

However, I noticed that you are trying to slide the fields and resize the parts when printing. If you are trying to see this in Browse Mode, it will NOT show the changes. To view the sliding and shrinking of the enclosed parts, you have to view it in Preview, or print.

HTH

Lee

To resize the parts in Layout Mode works for me using v11.

However, I noticed that you are trying to slide the fields and resize the parts when printing. If you are trying to see this in Browse Mode, it will NOT show the changes. To view the sliding and shrinking of the enclosed parts, you have to view it in Preview, or print.

HTH

Lee

I know but thats not the problem. does anyone know if there is a "preference" or similar which makes the "inspector" the means of resizing parts.......

I am on a Mac - since I moved to ne about 18 mths ago I have never had to reinstall anything ever: i dont want to start using the old windows solutions unless I have absolutely no choice

Should I?

I do it on a regular basis. Try it and see if it helps.

You can do this with applications open, but I usally close all apps, empty the trash, and then run the fix permissions.

Lee

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

Hi all,

My first post--please forgive my ignorance.

I believe I'm having the same issue but I may not be understanding the user's question. My issue is that I can't drag the soft-gray box that all my fields are sitting in any bigger so that I can add more fields. I'm using the "Music Library" template in v10 Advance.

The heavy-gray background (which I believe is for aesthetics only) will drag bigger, and everything stretches bigger when not in "Edit Layout" mode (just dragging the window corner), but the second I go to edit mode the editable/usable space shrinks down and I can't click-drag it larger.

This is the case both when trying to drag/add more space to the right as well as down. I don't mind if the final result database requires scrolling down the page, I just need more space (for example, in one layout on this database i will have 3 large windows for Checkbox Sets; 1 with 100+ genres; 1 with 100+ instruments; one with 50+ styles/moods. So i'll most like need to be able to scroll the full page right and down).

Does this make sense?

Thank you in advance.

This topic is 4825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.