FileMaker Server Network Setup

This topic is 4829 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The end result we are looking for is having FileMaker available remotely. Not IWP, just FMApp.

Pretty basic for someone who does this sort of stuff. I've always had a network guy to manage the opening of ports. I have no idea how to do it. They have Comcast and thats about all I know. No clue about firewalls, etc. I am more than willing to look into it if you tell me how thats done. We have a GoToMyPC set up. You'll have to sign a quick NDA to make sure you aren't starting trouble for my client. Once the work is done, I will send payment via PayPal or check, whichever you prefer.

Send over an estimate in either flat-rate or hourly rate + estimated hours format with some words on your experience w/ FileMaker networking. A link to your site is fine too.

Email is LaurenKuhlman at GMail dot com

Admission: I have been avoiding this forum for a while due to rampant snarkiness. Let's all avoid the tendency to snark and just keep it professional, shall we? Its just not nice.

Hi Lauren,

This part of your post probably should have been posted to the Feedback Topic.

Admission: I have been avoiding this forum for a while due to rampant snarkiness. Let's all avoid the tendency to snark and just keep it professional, shall we? Its just not nice.

Wow, this could be considered a snarky post to all of us. :)

If you are the target of a personal attack, or find a post objectionable, then you should use the Report post feature, instead of letting it drive you away from the Forum. (The Report feature has been move since we change providers and software, and is now located under Profile on the Left side, and Labeled "Report").

I can tell you that, as Moderators, we read all posts, and often take action on those we find objectionable, even if no one reports them. However, we do appreciate it when the members report the ones that they find objectionable, as it will often support the action that we have taken, or were planning to take.

I can assure you that we are constantly moderating the Forum.

Lee

This topic is 4829 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.