Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How does WebAssistant handle an HTTP timeout?

This topic is 4855 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FileMaker solution that extracts information from a couple of websites.

This solution was developed using New Millennium's MediaManager plug-in to download the HTML. Timeouts were a chronic problem. Even with script logic to retry twice in the event of a timeout, about 5% of all website requests failed with a timeout.

When I replaced MediaManager with WebAssistant, downloading HTML greatly improved, with no retry loop. In the several weeks I've been using WebAssistant, I've had three cases of FileMaker hanging on a website access (Mac OS X beachball). My guess is WebAssistant is causing the hang due to an HTTP timeout.

Each time I've had to Force Quit FileMaker. On relaunch, repeating the failing website download has worked fine. And, so far, Force Quit has not corrupted my FIleMaker file.

How does WebAssistant handle an HTTP timeout? Is there anything I can do to avoid Force Quit?

If your http connection times out while calling a WebAssistant function you will receive "ERROR" or an error response, depending on what function you're calling. If you receive "ERROR" from a function you can call WALastError to get a detailed description about the last error that occurred.

This topic is 4855 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.