How to print two-sided index cards (Flash Cards)?

Guy Smith

This topic is 4849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I thought this would be pretty easy, but I had an extra bowl of Frosted Dingbat Flakes for breakfast!

I am trying to make some simple 'Flash Cards' for my school: Each record has a question, a category, the answer, and the reference. The question and category fields need to go on the front of the flash card and the answer and reference fields need to go on the back of the card.

The blank cards are set up "four to a page": Each standard 8.5" x 11" piece of paper (heavy cardstock) has perforations down the vertical and horizontal centers of the page to separate them once they are printed, so each card is 4.25 inches x 5.5 inches when done.

My trouble is that I can't figure out how to print part of a single record on the front side of the paper and then print the remaining part of the same record on the back side of the paper. I've played with the layout settings for labels, etc., but can't seem to break up a single record across two pages (front and back).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Guy

Yep - That'll work!

Thanks very much for the answer: I got so wrapped around the axle trying to adapt the database to the duplexing printer, I forgot the KISS principle!

Having people like you on the forum is one of best advantages of having FMP - you rock!

Thanks again,

Guy

Yep - That'll work!

Thanks very much for the answer: I got so wrapped around the axle trying to adapt the database to the duplexing printer, I forgot the KISS principle!

Having people like you on the forum is one of best advantages of having FMP - you rock!

Thanks again,

Guy

If you're using a duplex printer you could simply create a two-page layout for the record. The printer will then print the first page on one side, the second on the other.

RW

This topic is 4849 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.