This topic is 4816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

I am working on a database and need some help with some field logic

I have created one field that links to one database and I also have another field on the same layout linking to a different database.

Each database holds slightly different information but related to the same variables/title. Quite simply, 'Field 1' consists of names 'category 1' to cat 11.

Field 2 also utilises names category 1 to 11 but links to a different database.

I would like to set a script or something such that if 'field 1 = category one' then category 1 is automatically input into field 2, same for cat 2, cat 3 etc, etc... triggering what it needs to in this field and pulling the relevant data through.

This will be easier than creating two dropdown menus and repeating the same action twice in teh same layout . problem is I dont know how to!

Any ideas

l would do but whilst both fields are going to display the same phrase, i.e 'category 1' to 'cat 11', each field is designed to extract different information from two different databases. If there was a way to use the one field but tell that one field to look up both databases, I would but I am not a filemaker expert and have learnt on the job!!!

Hi

I do want to use the same dropdown to link to two separate databases which each bring in information into the one holding the dropdown menu. This is all two difficlut to explain. I Think I may need to give up and just use two dropdowns and each dropdown referencing each of teh two databases to bring in the information which I currently have but just to save time I want to link these up so I only need to use one dropdown menu as each dropdown is teh same and hols the same phrases i.e category 1 to category 11

This topic is 4816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.