Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Bug with Tab Controls

This topic is 4844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First off...

1) I don't know how to report bugs to FileMaker. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

2) I don't know how to view known FileMaker bugs.

3) I didn't see a specific section within these forums for bugs. Please point me in the right direction if this is the wrong place to post this.

That being said, I have recently come across a bug with Tab controls that left me scratching my head. I figured I'd let you know about it so that you don't run into the same situation.

The bug arises when you try to resize multiple tab controls at once while one control is on another. I've included a sample file to explain what I mean.

If you have one tab control with another inside it, and you select both controls and, for example, make them both wider, the inner control breaks. The inner control appears to resize correctly with the outer one, but in reality, it doesn't change size. If you switch between the tabs of the inner control, they will continue to show the original (actual) size of that inner tab. However, any time you switch to the tab on the inner control that was active when you resized both controls, that tab displays incorrectly.

So far, it seems that once a tab is broken in this way, it cannot be fixed without the entire control being recreated.

Edit: I did upload a file, but I do not see where on this post that it can be downloaded from. Please let me know if this needs clarification. Thanks.

• Like 1

First off...

1) I don't know how to report bugs to FileMaker. Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

3) I didn't see a specific section within these forums for bugs. Please point me in the right direction if this is the wrong place to post this.

That being said, I have recently come across a bug with Tab controls that left me scratching my head. I figured I'd let you know about it so that you don't run into the same situation.

The bug arises when you try to resize multiple tab controls at once while one control is on another. I've included a sample file to explain what I mean.

If you have one tab control with another inside it, and you select both controls and, for example, make them both wider, the inner control breaks. The inner control appears to resize correctly with the outer one, but in reality, it doesn't change size. If you switch between the tabs of the inner control, they will continue to show the original (actual) size of that inner tab. However, any time you switch to the tab on the inner control that was active when you resized both controls, that tab displays incorrectly.

So far, it seems that once a tab is broken in this way, it cannot be fixed without the entire control being recreated.

AdjustableTabControls.zip

Sorry about this. This has been making this a very long day for me. I wanted to delete this thread since it is in the wrong section (tool tips). I also saw my corrected thread disappear inexplicably, so I created it again. Feel free to delete that one. I did not mean to double post.

Sorry about this. This has been making this a very long day for me. I wanted to delete this thread since it is in the wrong section (tool tips). I also saw my corrected thread disappear inexplicably, so I created it again. Feel free to delete that one. I did not mean to double post.

Every thing is here now. Please contact a monitor in the future when having troubles like this.

There are a couple of ways to find your own posts when you forget where to find them. Look at the Help in the top of the page. You might look at your profile there are two list there, your Threads, and Threads you have Replied to. and you might fine the New Activity tab at the top of the page also helpful.

HTH

Lee

First off...

I haven't investigated your file, but if you want to check FileMaker's Bugs, here is a link.

FileMaker Bug Link

I will look at your file tonight and see I can spot the problem.

Lee

This topic is 4844 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.