Server Maintenance This Week. ×

a different Date Field hick-up

innodes

This topic is 4837 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field, set as date & indexed. In the layout it has the dropdown calendar for selection. The user wants to key in a date as well as use the calendar. It is acting like autofill is selected for this field, but that is not an option. For instance, we want to enter 2/15/2011. You can enter the 2/1, but it autofills to 2/1/2011. It will not allow for the second digit entry. Is there a way to correct this, to allow both dropdown calendar and type in values?

thanks,

I have a field, set as date & indexed. In the layout it has the dropdown calendar for selection. The user wants to key in a date as well as use the calendar. It is acting like autofill is selected for this field, but that is not an option. For instance, we want to enter 2/15/2011. You can enter the 2/1, but it autofills to 2/1/2011. It will not allow for the second digit entry. Is there a way to correct this, to allow both dropdown calendar and type in values?

thanks,

Hit the escape key to close the pop-up calendar and type in your date.

Hit the escape key to close the pop-up calendar and type in your date.

There isn't any problem typing in the field, the dropdown calendar is showing as an icon to the side. The challenge is the "autofill" effect. Trying to type in 2/15/2011 gets you 2/1/2011. As soon as the 1 is typed it grabs it and fills the field with the 2/1/2011 date.

I just found it. There is a script trigger attached to this field when modified. It included a commit records/request line that was taking the "1" entered and finalizing the date at that point. Strange. I removed the commit line and it works.

thanks

This topic is 4837 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.