Scriptmaker Menu Acting Strangely

This topic is 4823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a received a database from a colleague created in Filemaker 11. Scriptmaker contains hundreds of scripts that create sets of records. Strange thing is when I click on the drop down script menu and click on an item, a certain set of records are created every time even though they belong to a different script. Some scripts create the correct set of records but the majority always create the same set of records even though the scripts are very different. If I go into scriptmaker itself and then run a script, they all work fine.

I can add a little more information. All scripts run ok from scriptmaker menu until we get to the script that keeps running thereafter. That script then subsequently runs from any menu item directly after it. Menu items are stored in folders from A to Z and then sub folders with sub folders within them also. The offending script is within 'C' folder, and is the 112th script in from the top. Surely we haven't reached any folder/sub menu limits? Lastly, the database was created on a Mac and everything works fine. I'm running a Windows PC but wouldn't expect any issues because I was under the impression that Filemaker shares both platforms. Worse case scenario would be a Mac/Windows issue because it would be a big task to re-create the database in Windows.

created on a Mac and everything works fine

I'm running a Windows PC but wouldn't expect any issues

Why not. Things work differently on these two platforms. First thing that comes to mind is "File Path" open the help in FileMaker and check to see if your filepath for windows is set up properly.

Is this file being served?

Lee

Why not. Things work differently on these two platforms. First thing that comes to mind is "File Path" open the help in FileMaker and check to see if your filepath for windows is set up properly.

Is this file being served?

Lee

Lee thanks for the response. The file is not being served so could this still be an issue?

Menu items are stored in folders from A to Z and then sub folders with sub folders within them also. The offending script is within 'C' folder, and is the 112th

sounds like filepath to me, did you check that out?

sounds like filepath to me, did you check that out?

I did have a look at Filemaker help regarding filepath, but although I understand it I'm not sure how to check it or rectify it should it be necessary.

I have tried to upload the files but they are 9mb zipped and the upload fails, not sure if that exceeds the forum limit.

There is a bug in WIndows that limits the number of scripts that can be displayed in the Scripts menu. SInce you say there are "hundreds of scripts" that might be the problem.

Test by selecting all the scripts, then de-select the option to show the script in the menu. Only select the script you want to run.

Scripts do not need to be displayed int he Scripts menu to function. Only display those that the users need to run directly. However be aware that scripts in the menu can be run at any time, even in the wrong table. Much better is to put buttons on layouts and run the scripts form there so they run in the correct context.

This topic is 4823 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.