Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unknown FMP10 Error Message

This topic is 4830 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This Filemaker message, "This record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in a different window.", has made an appearance in my MarinaPro Dockage Management Solution, but only in the FMP10 upgrade version, not the FMP5.5 version that has been in use for several years.

This record cannot be modified....JPG

As example, it pops up when I try to make an update entry in the "General Comments" text field, which is a relationship (Cust::Cust.fp7) field. Once I exit this reservations file (Resva.fp7) and come back to it, I can make changes that are reflected in the Cust.fp7 file as per normal.

Anyone know whats happening here, and how to correct it?

This Filemaker message, "This record cannot be modified in this window because it is already being modified in a different window.", has made an appearance in my MarinaPro Dockage Management Solution, but only in the FMP10 upgrade version, not the FMP5.5 version that has been in use for several years.

post-103131-0-29124400-1296765196_thumb.

As example, it pops up when I try to make an update entry in the "General Comments" text field, which is a relationship (Cust::Cust.fp7) field. Once I exit this reservations file (Resva.fp7) and come back to it, I can make changes that are reflected in the Cust.fp7 file as per normal.

Anyone know whats happening here, and how to correct it?

I've only ever seen this error come up when multiple windows are open that view the same record data from a table. FMP5.5 is prior to my start with Filemaker, maybe this limitation was handled differently then. I would be looking for a window that is open for your Customer data, since it seems that your Reservations file displays and allows for the editing of Customer data. I would guess its something that is being left open during a scripted action or process.

This topic is 4830 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.