Help Needed Quickly In Creating Simple Invoicing

oceantracks

This topic is 4840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

After checking out vitually all the Mac OSX programs out there, I still can't find one that does exactly what I want, which seems to be pretty simple.

I'm a music producer. I get hired by clients. In turn I hire musicians.

I need to invoice the client for jobs.

I do not need to invoice them for the costs I pay out (musicians, equipment, etc) on a given project.

So I need a database that:

1 Allows me to invoice the client

2 Allows me to record payments made to musicians without billing those to the client.

3 And....here's the big one...I want to be able at year's end to look at totals for each musician, or for each category of expense.

If there is someone who would set this up for me I don't mind fiddling around with how it looks, etc, I just want the basic structure assembled and a simple report output that would give a choice of viewing totals by category, or last name. Each expense would be assigned a category (TALENT, SUPPLIES, etc).

Would this be a hard undertaking?

Please contact me at [email protected] if anyone can help. I don't have a lot but would gladly pay something fair to get this up and running. Thanks so much.

Tom

After checking out vitually all the Mac OSX programs out there, I still can't find one that does exactly what I want, which seems to be pretty simple.

I'm a music producer. I get hired by clients. In turn I hire musicians.

I need to invoice the client for jobs.

I do not need to invoice them for the costs I pay out (musicians, equipment, etc) on a given project.

So I need a database that:

1 Allows me to invoice the client

2 Allows me to record payments made to musicians without billing those to the client.

3 And....here's the big one...I want to be able at year's end to look at totals for each musician, or for each category of expense.

If there is someone who would set this up for me I don't mind fiddling around with how it looks, etc, I just want the basic structure assembled and a simple report output that would give a choice of viewing totals by category, or last name. Each expense would be assigned a category (TALENT, SUPPLIES, etc).

Would this be a hard undertaking?

Please contact me at [email protected] if anyone can help. I don't have a lot but would gladly pay something fair to get this up and running. Thanks so much.

Tom

There are various great "starting" point database solutions out there. Below are a couple off the top of my head that include invoicing.

http://www.fmstartingpoint.com/index.php

http://excelisys.com/ex-files-filemaker-solutions.php

http://www.databasepros.com/invoice.html

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4840 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.