360 Works Scribe Error

This topic is 4799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to save an Excel form I have written to onto my desktop. I keep getting an error using Desktop file path. It is trying to save it to the temp path and then the desktop path. The error message is:"Could not create parent directory for file 'C:\Users\BCS\AppData\Local\Temp\c:\test\xlsx'" The only way I can save the document is by using the ScribeDocSaveFile("") which saves to my Temp location. Typing the full Temp location as it is also gives me an error. Is there anything I am missing?

I have tried path:- "file:" & Get ( DesktopPath ) with or without the Excel file name, new filename or original file all return an error.

Are you using a plug-in for this or using one of FMP's built-in commands like Save as Excel?

Note that it is possible that you don't have write permissions for the desktop...

IIRC, the file path format the plug-in uses is different from that FMP uses (I could be wrong though).

The error you quoted earlier had the path 'C:\Users\BCS\AppData\Local\Temp\c:\test\xlsx'. This looks to me as though the file name is just "xlsx" thich looks like the extension -- what happened to the name. The path also repeats "c:\test" which is obviously incorrect.

At a guess I say that the process for specifying the file name hasn't worked, and in the process for moving the file from the test folder to the desktop the path has been included. You may need to parse the file name out of the path.

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to save an Excel form I have written to onto my desktop. I keep getting an error using Desktop file path. It is trying to save it to the temp path and then the desktop path. The error message is:"Could not create parent directory for file 'C:\Users\BCS\AppData\Local\Temp\c:\test\xlsx'" The only way I can save the document is by using the ScribeDocSaveFile("") which saves to my Temp location. Typing the full Temp location as it is also gives me an error. Is there anything I am missing?

I have tried path:- "file:" & Get ( DesktopPath ) with or without the Excel file name, new filename or original file all return an error.

The Get( ...Path ) Filemaker functions return "/C:/dir1/dir2/dir3/"

If you do not remove the leading "/" before C:/... the ScribeDocSaveFile prepends the temp directory (thus the weird double path you're getting.)

The "file:" should not be necessary for this function call.

This topic is 4799 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.