Server Maintenance This Week. ×

data becomes invisible when cursor is in field

Kevin Mortimer

This topic is 4825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a strange one. I have a client who when they click into a field the data looks like it disappears...when you come out of the field the data reappears......this also happens in find mode, when you click into a field and start typing the search criteria you cannot see the text entered until you exit the field. There is no script trigger or conditional formatting on the field. It happens to any field on the screen. Client is using FMP 11 on an XP service pack 3 machine. It looks like it only happens on this machine as when testing from another machine there is no problem....does anyone know what is happening here

This is a strange one. I have a client who when they click into a field the data looks like it disappears...when you come out of the field the data reappears......this also happens in find mode, when you click into a field and start typing the search criteria you cannot see the text entered until you exit the field. There is no script trigger or conditional formatting on the field. It happens to any field on the screen. Client is using FMP 11 on an XP service pack 3 machine. It looks like it only happens on this machine as when testing from another machine there is no problem....does anyone know what is happening here

I've had some weird stuff happen graphically with FMP in the Windows environment, but not this so its possible that I'm incorrect. Try turning down hardware acceleration and see if it solves your problem.

Control Panel -> Display -> Settings -> Advanced Button -> Troubleshoot Tab -> Adjust slider one tick at a time to see if the problem goes away.

It looks like it only happens on this machine as when testing from another machine there is no problem....

Try turning down hardware acceleration and see if it solves your problem.

Yes, that is a good suggestion. Also check for corrupted or missing fonts on the problematic machine.

Make sure the client is patched to 11v2 as well.

This topic is 4825 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.