Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Import records from the web

Answers

This topic is 4827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a Filemaker database. It's basically a registration database for kids sports. Some people send in their registrations and that is entered manually in the filemaker database. Works great. Recently the website was changed so people could sign up their children via the web & pay through paypal, All the same information is entered that is entered in the filemaker database. The website is not a Filemaker web server,

I was going to write a script that would periodically update the database records from the web by importing them. What is the best way to go about getting the info from the website? Does the website person design a script to export and I design an import script to grab the records?

What is the best way to achieve the above?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Caroiine

We have a Filemaker database. It's basically a registration database for kids sports. Some people send in their registrations and that is entered manually in the filemaker database. Works great. Recently the website was changed so people could sign up their children via the web & pay through paypal, All the same information is entered that is entered in the filemaker database. The website is not a Filemaker web server,

I was going to write a script that would periodically update the database records from the web by importing them. What is the best way to go about getting the info from the website? Does the website person design a script to export and I design an import script to grab the records?

What is the best way to achieve the above?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Caroiine

Find out from your website provider how the data is being stored for the website registrations. Your best bet will probably be a data dump that you can import into Filemaker, although you can create ESS connections with many database styles if that would be an option for you.

This topic is 4827 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.