Using FTP to download & import files into Filemaker

This topic is 4796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a registration database for a non profit, it's basically a community sports database. There is an online registration & an off line Filemaker database. I wrote a script that imports the files from the web that we need. Now we want to automate it so the person doing the data entry can press a button & the files download to her local directory then of course it imports into all the correct tables. Originally the web designer was going to write a script to export. That isn't working out so I wanted to use FTP to grab the files and then do the import. I can manually do this of course but I need to automate. My question is can I do this without utilizing a plugin? And if I need a plugin what would be the best choice? It's for one computer, it's a small operation so I was looking for free or fairly inexpensive.

Any ideas or a push in the right direction would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Caroline

Originally the web designer was going to write a script to export. That isn't working out

It should work out - if you export as XML.

I wanted to use FTP to grab the files and then do the import. I can manually do this of course but I need to automate.

Please state your platform.

---

See also:

http://www.filemaker.com/11help/html/odbc_ess.20.1.html#1027502

Edited by comment

This topic is 4796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.