Server Script to email when expiration date has past

This topic is 4805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

"I have a number of databases that contain records that expire when certain date fields pass."

What do you mean by "number of databases?" Since "database" is not really a FM term, do you mean FM hosted files that are not related?

However, it doesn't really matter. Just write a script which runs daily that finds records that are expired (date less than today?), loop thru them and send an email. If none found, then halt. Let us know if you need a more detailed explanation.

• 2 weeks later...

I created a script to check for expired records, but am receiving errors for unsupported server side script steps. Can someone review the attached script and tell me what is unsupported by the server?

Thanks,

-Bill

"I have a number of databases that contain records that expire when certain date fields pass."

What do you mean by "number of databases?" Since "database" is not really a FM term, do you mean FM hosted files that are not related?

However, it doesn't really matter. Just write a script which runs daily that finds records that are expired (date less than today?), loop thru them and send an email. If none found, then halt. Let us know if you need a more detailed explanation.

Thanks. I figured it out. I was running a client-side opening script, which had a"Move/Resize Window" step that isn't compatible with the server.

Once again, many thanks to the FMForums experts!

-Bill

Not seeing an attachment. You can easily see which steps are unsupported by selecting "Server" in the compatibility popup in the lower left corner of ScriptMaker.

This topic is 4805 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.