portal content into a text file

This topic is 4792 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've tried with little success to copy portal content into a text file. The DB works perfectly but I cannot do this. The portal content is all text and consists of related files running in a portal. As stated before, the system works without issue. I have tried various looping scripts to no success (I am no scripting monster in any way whatsoever. :)) that look similar to this. I know I am doing something wrong here as this contributed script looks fine to me but what do I know.

Go to Related Records, in a new window, show related only.

Loop

.. Set Variable [$PortalContents; $PortalContents & Left ("¶"; Length ($PortalContents)) & PortalTable::Field X]

.. Go to Record [Next, Exit After Last]

End Loop

Close Window

Set field [YourTable::Text Field; $PortalContents]

Another approach I took, which actually would work better, I think is the List function but it only gives me one line and no duplicates as I need duplicate content in order to dump information to an outside resource. The List Calculation I used is this:

PortalDump= List ( TestDateText ;ToExamDateText; gTestLocation;TesttID )

Any help on this would be great. TIA

remoran

This part makes no sense:

Left ( "¶"; ... )

It will return either a carriage return or nothing, depending on the second parameter of the Left function.

Another approach I took, which actually would work better, I think is the List function but it only gives me one line and no duplicates

No, that's not true. However, the List() function will not list more than one related field.

The thing most missing from your description is what separators do you want to have between fields of the same record.

I need duplicate content in order to dump information to an outside resource.

Why not export, then?

Actually the statement Set Variable [$PortalContents; $PortalContents & Left ("¶"; Length ($PortalContents)) & PortalTable::Field X] does make sense, it is a way to create a List function without using the list function. Perhaps this user is pre 8.5?

This topic is 4792 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.