Need help with trying to get a count in sub-summary

Rich S

This topic is 4811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a royal brain hernia trying to get a count of the ATT Dates used in a report. Please refer to the attached file.

Go to the Attendance xStudent layout, sort it, then go to Preview mode. You'll see the results in the attached screen shot.

Here's where I'm stuck: How can I get a count of Att Dates? There's eight of them and I want to put that count somewhere on-screen. I can count the separate periods and their total as seen on the right, but after trying all kinds of calculations and permutations I'm stuck.

TIA for your help!

Rich

test.fp7.zip

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 8.04.54 AM.png

This might be a way you can do it. I had a similar problem. This is what did it for me.

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/73460-calculation-limited-to-one-per-day/page__p__347556__fromsearch__1#entry347556

Basically you create a duplicate of the table in the relationship view and then link it to itself. Then create a calculation field that would return only 1 date for each day. Basically it would eliminate duplicate dates. Then you can do a simple summary field and Count the number of dates from this new calc field.

Hopefully that makes sense. They key would be to play around with the relationships.

Let me know if this works.

Thank you both! I'm one for simpler* so I made Comment's tweak and it works. (See attached.)

Interestingly enough, I inserted the s_Count_ATT_Date field on a Sub-Summary line that _isn't_ the one Att_Date is sorted on--and it works--so just an FYI.

Thanks again!

*What can I say? Simple things amuse simple minds.

Screen shot 2011-02-17 at 11.30.18 AM.png

test.pdf

This topic is 4811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.