Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Returning to the previously visited record in a found set

This topic is 4816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a found set of records and I would like to run a script on each record in turn. The problem is that when the script runs a different set of records is found, I can then return to the original found set but I need to find a way of returning to the record that I was in previously prior to running the script so I can go to the next record and run the script again and so on and so forth. I only want to run the script once for each record in the original found set. Thanks in advance.

Are you really using version 6, as your profile shows?

Actually I'm running FM 6 at work and FM 11 at home, although my employer has finally agreed to let me have FM 11. The above query is for a FM 11 database.

To be honest, I'd rather use FM 6 than not at all. Couldn't face going back to MS Word & Excel.

In version 7 and above, you can open a new window, do a find or whatever else is required, then close the window to return to your original record and found set.

Can opening the new window, doing whatever and closing the window be automated within a script?

Would it be:

New Window

Perform Script

Close Window

I have tried the above, but I get an error message because the Perfom Script has to work on the record that I am in within the original found set.

Thanks comment, the script worked fine except 'update driver history X 1' didn't run for the first record (see below). Didn't run on last record too but I think that's to do with the script step 'Go to next record,exit on last' exiting before 'update driver history X 1' can run.

78b31d413bb6bdca5dc6f8c28fab24d18f6683c7

This topic is 4816 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.