Text formatting: single word highlighting

This topic is 4806 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Dear all,

I guess that this is a really easy question but I have been looking on some books and on the internet with no success. But well, take into consideration that I am both a newbie and a social scientist!

The problem is that I have a text field filled with the content of newspaper articles. I would like to "highlight" a specific list of words on this text field (e.g. swiss, Switzerland). Ideally I would like to change the style and color of these specific set of words.

I am using FM Pro 9 and it seems to me that I cannot rely on some of the "custom functions"-based solutions proposed. I have tried previously with Conditional formatting, but I am not able to format single words. Furthermore, I would like the solution not to be case-sensitive, in order to "highlight" occurrences such as "swiss", "Swiss" and "SWISS".

Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Sorry for my broken English and greetings from Switzerland.

Try:

http://www.briandunning.com/cf/579

---

Oops, sorry - I didn't realize that by:

I cannot rely on some of the "custom functions"-based solutions proposed

you meant you don't have Advanced. Well, the problem is that this is a recursive calculation (actually, two recursive calculations, if you want to preserve the original case), so unless you use a triggered script or perhaps a repeating calculation field to do the recursions, this will be out of your realm of possibilities.

Edited by comment

This topic is 4806 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.