Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filtered Portal v11

datalink

This topic is 4811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The system that I am working on has a production screen that will show the status of jobs in multiple portals for each phase of production, with each portal representing a production phase. There are several dozen production phases so there will need to be a large number of portals. To save some screen real estate the left side of the relationship is a global so that operators can input a specific phase to view in that portal, with each portal having its own global and each portal filtering by data in that global.

To cut down on having so many table occurrences in the ER I had thought to have a single relationship and to then filter each portal using the portal filter option introduced in v11.

The relationship is JobID x JobID. (So a Cartesian self join.) and the filter calc on the first filter looks something like this: JOB__Jobs.tog::_zkfPhaseFilterOne_g = job.JOB_Jobs~All::_zkfCurrentPhase

It seems to work some of the time and others not. Maybe a screen refresh issue, but I don't think so. I'm not at all sure. I haven't used the portal filter function much yet, so perhaps this method won't work anyway.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This topic is 4811 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.