List() only getting 1st value

This topic is 4791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HI, Ive done a find and got my record set, say 10 records, and then the following line

set variable [$Clients; value:list(CLIENTS:ClientID)]

but it's only taking the 1st ClientID even though the get(foundset) shows 10. what's going wrong ?

You can have your script loop through the found set, adding the values to a variable, one by one.

I want to add new records to another table using the data from a field in a found set

Are you sure about this? It sounds like creating a redundancy. Perhaps if you explained what are you actually trying to achieve here, a better way could be found.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, It all worked it out fine using TO's. the 'help' didn't say anything about not working on a current found set.

I have a number of clients, some of whom need us to hold accreditation, and I was wanting to make a new record in a table for so each of those that do. There's a 'tick-box' field in the client table to show which do (they often change their requirements) and in the script I had the set variable [$Clients; value:list(CLIENTS:ClientID)]. I then when to the table and into a loop, entered the rightvalues()into each new record (along with some other ID info obtained earlier via set variables) then deleting the it from $client using LeftValues( $clientsID; ValueCount($clientsID) - 1 )and exiting the loop when isempty($clients)

This topic is 4791 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.