Parsing Text From Multiple Records

This topic is 4804 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HI Fellow FM'ers,

You're always so helpful and respectful to us lay folk that I hope you can assist on the following. It seems like it should be easy but I can't seem to find the solution

If I have a set of records (let's say 30) and each record has a LOCATION field,

I am trying to create a google map URL syntax in which I need to get the various locations from each record.

So in broad terms it would look like "Location(from record 1)&","&Location(from record 2)&","&Location(from record 3), etc. " -or- "Tulsa, Houston, Dallas, etc"

I've tried a List(Locations) but that only gives me a single value.

I'm kinda stumped on this one. Any insight or starting point is appreciated.

Thanks

SDL

The simplest way to do this is via a script that loops through the found set, collecting the values into a variable.

It's also possible to do essentially the same thing using a custom recursive function.

Hi Comment ... thanks for the reply.

I figured it was a looping situation which I'm not fully versed in but I get it enough to experiment until I find the right solution. But I'm not sure how to keep adding onto a variable. I know how to create or change the variable but not certain how the formula for the variable would look to change it to keep tagging onto the end. Can you offer advice on this? And I'm REALLY not sure what a recursive function is but I'll do some googling.

This topic is 4804 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.