searches and subsets in related tables

This topic is 4775 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is probably a very easy procedure, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I have two tables: clientInfo and projects

the two tables are linked via the field clientID

I would to list projects between certain dates, eg, >1/1/10 and <12/31/10. I did this using search of the start and end dates of the projects to generate a subset of projects that were started and finished in 2010

How do I get this subset in another layout which lists the clientinfo? Usually, all i have to do is switch between layouts and the subset info is maintained. But then I switch from the projects layout to the clientinfo layout, the subset info is not carried along.

Thanks for you help in advance

Since you've properly related Projects to Clients by storing the foreign Client ID in Projects, all you need to do is place the related Client fields on your project layout.

Your date search will exclude 1/1/10 and 12/31/10, btw. You need <=. You could also just use */*/2010.

How do I get this subset in another layout which lists the clientinfo?

If you want to find clients that have at least one project in a date range, perform the search from a layout of Clients - entering the search criteria into the related fields from Projects.

Another option is to find the relevant projects, then Go to Related Record [from Clients; Match found set].

This topic is 4775 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.