Drop Down Lists not working

This topic is 4770 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've created a really basic 'Gender' drop down list with custom values 'Male' and 'Female'. Why can't the user drop an item from the list into the associated field? I can highlight 'Male', for instance, but it won't go into the field. The field has a default setup, ie: it's marked to accept data entry in Browse and Find modes.

Every drop down list, in this particular db (my first in v11), acts in the same way. I have tried switching to pop up menu (ppm) and, whilst that worked, it altered the look of the field.

The fields are 1pt embossed, grey fill with black line applied – with standard fields and ddl, I see what I want, a grey field with 1pt emboss (no black border because no borders applied); with ppm, I see a grey field with a black border and drop shadow. I can alter the border colour, but not the style, applying the border to any/all edges and unapplying achieves nothing – I cannot achieve the look of surrounding standard fields - which is why I switched back to ddl. Although it doesn't particularly matter, in layout mode, the text baseline also disappears with ppm applied. Weird and frustrating behaviour.

Is it me or v11? (v11.0.3 in Mac OS X 10.6.6 to be exact)?

Thanks i advance for any thoughts.

Can you post a file showing the problem?

Thanks for the swift response.

I tried to post the 1.5mb db, but the sites saying "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file" !?

So I've attached a png of the set up.

DDL problem.png

I have just gone back and created the same scenario in FmD v7 and the same problem exists on pop-up lists!

I am sure that, before installing FmA v11 (and coincidentally OS X 10.6.6) this problem did not exist (it's a feature I have used a lot in the past).

Removing .plists does nothing but it works fine in a new user account. This and the fact that it's doing the same thing in FmDv7 indicates to me that I have account-wide problem, (no need for a re-install). Is there a cache/plist that the 2 versions of the app share? (I could probably just delete FmDv7 I suppose)

This topic is 4770 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.