Pulling Images into Database from remote location

This topic is 4771 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I apologize in advance, but I am a self trained FM developer, and may not be able to accurately describe what I am looking to do, but unable to do.

I need to be able to pull images into a FM database, via a script, from a remote location. For example, the image files reside on computer A, but the FM clients need to pull the images from Computer A to the database being used on Computer B. This is not a reference to the file but actually pull the image file into the DB. (Although I am tossing around the idea as we have over 40,000 images to load into the database).

Where my script is going wrong is in the file path. I do not know the syntax that is correct. To compound the matters, I am unsure if the computer "hosting" the images is set up correctly to allow other computers to access the files. If I can get confirmation on the correct syntax, I can work on setting up the "host" computer.

We are using Filemaker Server 11. All servers and clients are Macs.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Attached is a screenshot of the current script that does not recognize the file:

Screen shot 2011-03-05 at 10.09.44 AM.png

BTW, I've also tried imagemac, instead of filemac.

I am unsure if the computer "hosting" the images is set up correctly to allow other computers to access the files.

Try to insert the image manually. If you're able to navigate to the image through the dialog, insert the image as reference only - then you can use GetAsText ( ContainerField ) to see the exact path. If not, then work on setting up the "host" computer first.

Try to insert the image manually. If you're able to navigate to the image through the dialog, insert the image as reference only - then you can use GetAsText ( ContainerField ) to see the exact path. If not, then work on setting up the "host" computer first.

Works perfect now. Very appreciative of your help. I owe you a steak dinner.

This topic is 4771 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.