Server Maintenance This Week. ×

windows 7 professional for server 11

This topic is 4679 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here I am again. So I've established that I can upgrade my vista machine to windows 7 professional and server 11 will work. The next question is, if I'm running the fm 11 and FM 11 advanced on XP and Vista workstations, will they work fine with the 11 server on the windows 7 machine?Mike

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies

Here I am again. So I've established that I can upgrade my vista machine to windows 7 professional and server 11 will work. The next question is, if I'm running the fm 11 and FM 11 advanced on XP and Vista workstations, will they work fine with the 11 server on the windows 7 machine?Mike

Hello, I am doing the same right now, testing Server Advanced 11 on a windows 7 professional computer with 2 network cards. Dont forget to turn on IIS on windows 7 because is off by default. Once you turn it on it remains on. So far I achieved local network computers to "see" published databases on FM 11 clients and through web browsers too, but no access yet from the outside. I am working on many variables like open ports on the modem (firewall) and network interface cards and switches, Java 6 on 64 bits computers depends on the browser (32 or 64 browser) so be careful to standarize all you can for the console to open regularly, it has been inestable because of Java versions mixing.

I will let you know if I get to make FM Server 11 work as expected on this Windows 7 Professional computer.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Maybe switch back to 32 bits for every component ? maybe.

Montek

Hello, I am doing the same right now, testing Server Advanced 11 on a windows 7 professional computer with 2 network cards. Dont forget to turn on IIS on windows 7 because is off by default. Once you turn it on it remains on. So far I achieved local network computers to "see" published databases on FM 11 clients and through web browsers too, but no access yet from the outside. I am working on many variables like open ports on the modem (firewall) and network interface cards and switches, Java 6 on 64 bits computers depends on the browser (32 or 64 browser) so be careful to standarize all you can for the console to open regularly, it has been inestable because of Java versions mixing.

I will let you know if I get to make FM Server 11 work as expected on this Windows 7 Professional computer.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Maybe switch back to 32 bits for every component ? maybe.

Montek

And yes XP, Vista and win 7 computers are perfectly accesing databases on FM Server 11 on this Windows 7 Professional, but right now, only on my local network.

This topic is 4679 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.