Zeros displaying as whole number

mrswombat

This topic is 4769 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a simple fix for a zero value that keeps displaying as "$1.00"? All of my fields are rounded to two decimal places, but when I type in a "0" in one of my fields this particular calculation field I have displays it as "$1.00."

I have played around with the round function, to no avail. Any other ideas?

Thank you for the quick response...

Not sure if I understood what you meant, exactly (sorry..totally new to this)...but I just played with the field's number formatting and unchecked the decimal formatting. All that happened is it changed it to display "1" instead of "$1.00." I have checked all the fields involved in this calculation to make sure there aren't any numbers less than one that this calculation is capturing and rounding up, and I have found nothing. It really looks like it is taking my zero values and rounding them up to one! What are your thoughts?

I just played with the field's number formatting and unchecked the decimal formatting.

That's exactly what I meant. Use either the 'General' or 'As entered' format - unless you want the decimal format (I am not sure I get this point).

All that happened is it changed it to display "1" instead of "$1.00."

Are you sure the result is not 1? What do you see when you click into the field?

When I click in the fields they all say "0." There are no values less than "1" that are possibly being rounded up. When I click in my calculation field it still says "1." This is what's puzzling me so much..how can 0+0+0+0 possibly equal "1"?

The calculation in that field is: "If (Total to Bill ≤ Markup dollar amount Round ; Markup dollar amount Round = "0";Total to Bill - Markup dollar amount Round)"

This is the problematic part:

Markup dollar amount Round = "0"

This is a comparison: it will return 1 (True) when 'Markup dollar amount Round' equals 0 (as it does).

Oh my gosh THANK YOU. This has been puzzling me for a while now. I changed it so that it now reads: Markup dollar amount Round = "" and that fixed it! Thank you very very much again. What a simple solution that turned out to be! :D

Are you sure about this? I don't quite understand what the calculation is supposed to do, but it seems like you are trying to make it set the value of another field. A calculation field cannot do that - it can only calculate its own value.

This topic is 4769 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.