Recording audio files into FMP entry

This topic is 4777 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Please forgive if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I am coming back to FMP work after too many years and getting back up to speed by looking at the Starter Solutions in FMP 11 Advanced.

I've noticed that in the Contact Management Starter Solution, if you double click on the container field intended for a photograph, it will open a small window for audio recording, and allow you to create an audio file which you can play-back from that container.

This is the first time I've seen this audio recording option, and I would like to use it in the future. Does anyone know how this script operates? I'd appreciate any advice.

It's not a script. That is the native behavior of container fields (when they are empty) since at least version 4.

Thank you for letting me know, I had never noticed that before. Does this mean there is no way to adjust the settings; i.e. increase record time, specify file name for the audio file?

I don't think so. This is a very old feature, modeled after the SimpleSound application in pre-OS X Macs and I am surprised Filemaker still keep it going.

Thank you for the feedback! This was very helpful, because there is no documentation (that I could find) on that feature.

This topic is 4777 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.