Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Restricting editing of existing value

This topic is 4786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I think I'm having a brain freeze or perhaps its the spring like temperature after a long long winter. I'm sure this is a stupid question & I know the answer already but can't grasp it at the mo'.

I want the users to be able to enter info in a field upon record creation but not be able to edit that value without a warning of some sort. I didn't want to do it by accounts/privileges. I want this to apply to everyone even full access users. I could make a 2 layouts, one for data entry, one for editing. But it's just one field.

I'm sure that I just can't see the forest for the trees.......... lol

thanks,

Caroline

If your profile is accurate and you are truly using FM9, then you do not have script triggers. So, why not make the field a button and set it to not enterable in browse mode. When the user clicks the field (button), the script will check to see if the field is empty. If it is, it simply goes to the field. If not, throw your warning dialog and branch accordingly.

If your profile is accurate and you are truly using FM9, then you do not have script triggers. So, why not make the field a button and set it to not enterable in browse mode. When the user clicks the field (button), the script will check to see if the field is empty. If it is, it simply goes to the field. If not, throw your warning dialog and branch accordingly.

Yes, truly using FM9 (for this client), it would be much easier in FM11 but they have not upgraded as of yet. Guess thats why I couldn't figure the best way to approach the issue. I have gotten used to FM 11 also.

Thanks you!

This topic is 4786 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.