Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Exporting Portal Fields

Headthumping

This topic is 4781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I have been literally beating my head against a brick wall over my portal!

I have my main client layout and within that I have a tab and within the tab have a portal.

I have made this so that my staff can enter payment information into each field within the portal for each client. So that if that client rings up we have infront of us thier payment history.

I then want to export this into a layout I have titled 'cashbook' so that I can view all payments made on any specified (searched) day.

Now this is where the problem is:

I have created a client cal Non Account - for all payments made by non account holders. When I look on the client layout all payments appear, which is fine.

However when I want to view all these in my cashbook layout only the first row of fields from the non account portal appear. all the other transactions do not view in this layout, where there could be 5 or more on each day that I need to appear in the cashbook layout.

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how to get all the records from within my specified search date for my non account client to appear in my cashbook layout.....

Thanks,

Emma

• Newbies

Hi, Yes it is a date field.

When I search for a specific date range in that date field it includes other clients in my search results. It includes clients who made payments on different dates not within my search range.

For example:

I click in the date field and search for all records equal to or greater than 16/03/2011, but it includes clients in the search results who paid on the 4/03/2011!

Any thoughts?

Thanks Emma.

Double-check the date field really, truly is a Date field.

Check which table you are performing the search from. Is it the Clients or the Payments? Double-check the actual TO in the layout setup because other people have been tricked in the past by a layout called "Payments" that is actually set to display from the Clients TO.

I click in the date field and search for all records equal to or greater than 16/03/2011, but it includes clients in the search results who paid on the 4/03/2011!

This would be consistent with doing the find from a layout of Clients. It would find all clients that have made at least one payment on 16/03/2011 or later. If you're not seeing ALL their payments, you may think the find results are incorrect.

I am not sure we understand fully what are you trying to achieve.

• Newbies

Hi ,

I am wanting to find only people who made payments on the 16/03/2011.

Occasionally I have to find payments made during a specific date range ie: equal to or greater than 16/03/2011. It is when I do this serch that it brings up the clients who have payments on dates other than those in the specific date range. Even clients who have never made a payment on the 16/03/2011.

I am just wnating the sort to work properly. and only give me results that I am asking for in the specific search.

Thanks, Emma

• Newbies

I am searching in the payments portal ( is this where I am going wrong?) which is in a tab. This appears on each clients layout, when it brings up the search results it gives ex number of results and each of these is an individual person / client. and I use hte arrows to go to the next record.

I just want the sort results to show me all records/client layouts which has a payment in the payment portal on that particular date or date range.

Should I be creating a different layout to do this search perhaps?

Thanks Emma

If you want to find clients, you should search from the clients layout, as you say. Now, if you really find clients that do not have ANY payments on the specified date (or within the specified range), then something IS wrong. Can you post your file or a cleaned-up copy of it? We only need to see the CiientID field in the Clients table, and ClientID and Date in the Payments table.

This topic is 4781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.