FileMaker PHP Communication Error

This topic is 4693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FileMaker database published to the web with the PHP API. It was working before, but now whenever I attempt to connect to the database I'm getting a FileMaker_Error object instead of the result I used to get. The error message is:

Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.

I see the user name and password in a vardump of the result and have successfully logged in with these credentials using the FileMaker Pro client instead of the web, so the username and password are valid. I've checked the user's privilege set. WebUser is a member of the Web privilege set, the fmphp extended privilege is used by the Web privilege set according to the Extended Privileges in the Manage Security dialog box.

I seem to remember having this problem once before, but can't remember what the solution was. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck

• 2 months later...

Hi Chuck,

I'm also getting the same error on one of my servers which has just come out of the blue - all was working fine until a few days ago and now all we get is "Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404". Like you I can open the databases successfully using FileMaker Pro client and the privileges are correct.

Just wondering if you got to the bottom of this and how you resolved it?

Many thanks,

Steve

I have a FileMaker database published to the web with the PHP API. It was working before, but now whenever I attempt to connect to the database I'm getting a FileMaker_Error object instead of the result I used to get. The error message is:

Communication Error: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 - This can be due to an invalid username or password, or if the FMPHP privilege is not enabled for that user.

I see the user name and password in a vardump of the result and have successfully logged in with these credentials using the FileMaker Pro client instead of the web, so the username and password are valid. I've checked the user's privilege set. WebUser is a member of the Web privilege set, the fmphp extended privilege is used by the Web privilege set according to the Extended Privileges in the Manage Security dialog box.

I seem to remember having this problem once before, but can't remember what the solution was. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck

This topic is 4693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.