Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Remote scripter

This topic is 4715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, :D

First of all, sorry for my poor english

I want to host a filemaker database on our advanced server V11.

I have install the demo plugin on the server.

I have host the sample file that came with the demo.

When I open the remote file, I receive a message that the plugin is not install...

What i'm y doing wrong.

Eventualy I need to share on of my file with our customer via IWP and allow them to create a pdf report online. If this is possible we will purchase the entreprise version.

Help me, thank's

Plugins need to be installed on the FileMaker Pro client, even if your database is hosted on the server. You will need to install the plugin onto your web publishing engine if you would like to use it with IWP.

RemoteScripter in particular is designed as a filemaker pro client plugin (though you can trigger it to go off from IWP). It will listen for trigger commands and then run the scrips you have configured it to run when it receives the trigger command.

Installation instructions can be found in the documentation.html file which came with your download which will explain how to install it in filemaker pro, filemaker server, and for use with IWP.

• 2 months later...

Hi, my name is Kolbeinn and have manage to trigger remote script using IWP as it is shown in the documentation. The only thing I am not able to do is to find the record from web and process it on the FileMaker. The script is only working on the record the FileMaker is located but not on the IWP record. I have tried to follow the instructions from the documentation but with no luck.

Any suggestions?

From documentation:

Enter find mode

Set field Customer::customer ID to Get(ScriptParameter)

Perform find

Save as PDF

RemoteScripterSetResult("Success")

if( RemoteScripterTrigger("10.0.0.25", 4645, Customer::customer ID) = "Success" )

Go to Layout (Download PDF)

else

Go to Layout (Show PDF generation error)

end if

Best regards,

Kolbeinn.

Hi, my name is Kolbeinn and have manage to trigger remote script using IWP as it is shown in the documentation. The only thing I am not able to do is to find the record from web and process it on the FileMaker. The script is only working on the record the FileMaker is located but not on the IWP record. I have tried to follow the instructions from the documentation but with no luck.

Any suggestions?

From documentation:

Enter find mode

Set field Customer::customer ID to Get(ScriptParameter)

Perform find

Save as PDF

RemoteScripterSetResult("Success")

if( RemoteScripterTrigger("10.0.0.25", 4645, Customer::customer ID) = "Success" )

Go to Layout (Download PDF)

else

Go to Layout (Show PDF generation error)

end if

Best regards,

Kolbeinn.

Update on this... I got this finally sorted out. :-) it is working.

This topic is 4715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.