Server Maintenance This Week. ×

time interval calculation

This topic is 4797 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got start and end time fields and am trying to work out a way of seeing if another time field falls within the start / end duration ie start=9:00am, end=10am, LookupTime=9:32am is LookupTime inside or outside the interval?

thanks

geeez, easy when you know how, thanks ... and yep always will be on the same day

It's easy enough to include start and end date fields so that the method will work when somebody works late and goes until 1:00 am.

the other thing I'm trying to do is see if there's an overlap between the start / end times on different records ie record1 - start=9am, end=10am ... record2 - start=9:55am, end=10:30am ... there's a 5 minute overlap.

not sure if I should be trying to do this with conditional formating to highlight the overlap, or via a portal showing the 2 obverlapping records

See if this helps:

http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/61691-please-help-very-simple-calendarappt-manager/page__p__291727#entry291727

not sure if I should be trying to do this with conditional formating to highlight the overlap, or via a portal showing the 2 obverlapping records

That's entirely up to you - you need the identifying relationship in any case.

This topic is 4797 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.